Welcome to B&W (Bialois and White) Editing Services!
This is something my wife and I have been doing for a few years to help other authors, and we finally decided to make it official.
One of the first things we learned when we started in our writing journey is how difficult and expensive being an author can be, so we decided to offer reputable services at rates most can afford. For your convenience, I’ve listed what we offer below as well as a price list.
- We offer a free ten (10) page trial to see if we’ll be happy working with one another.
- We also offer two eyes for the price of one for the listed editing prices. I am what my wife refers to as the nuke. I go through the manuscript first to point out any and all problems from grammar to plot points and consistency issues. Jamie then goes through a second time to fine tune it. I will do a third pass if you feel it’s necessary.
- We’re firm believers in line editing and content editing being done at the same time, mostly because it’s infuriating to pass over a mistake or issue without at least commenting on it, so why charge for doing something we’re going to do anyway? It doesn’t make sense to us.
- We keep a tight time frame, generally completing each pass within a week, but rarely more than ten (10) days. Any time it takes more than a week is usually due to something unforeseen happening and we will let you know of any scheduling shift.
- We charge depending strictly on word count.
Here are our prices:
Short Stories: under 7,500 words — $40
Novellettes: 7,500 – 17,500 words — $60
Novellas: 17,500 – 40,000 — $100
Short Novels: 40,000 – 50,000 words — $150
Novels: 50,000 – 100,000 words — $200
Large Novels: 100,000+ words — $300
This is a service I offer for those that have already gone through the editing process with another editor. Like our editing service, this is designed with the understanding that not everyone can afford a high-priced service.
The pricing is simply $5 for every 5,000 word block, even if the total word count isn’t 5k.
We accept half before and half after all work is completed for our Editing Service, and full payment before or after my Proofreading Service. All payments can be made through PayPal. We can exchange that information through email to keep it all private.
As I just mentioned, we would appreciate any contact or questions be sent to us through email. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, sending manuscripts, and PayPal information.
We look forward to hearing from you. Keep writing. 🙂